Saturday, February 9, 2013

Alex, my chemo bear, Uben, and drug help



This is Alex who I've been working for since November. Alex and her husband have jobs that keep them super busy and out of town a lot. I'm her part-time nanny type (Mary Poppins? Loaner grandmother?) and I've been sharing this job with a Germany lady named Ingrid who I like a lot. A good arrangement all the way around. Alex is a busy, fabulous, overworked mom. The kids are at times nothing but absolute fun to hang around with.  I'm outnumbered sometimes but I have really liked the challenge of getting them to do their homework when I ask them to do it....and to get the boys to stop trying to kill each other! (Any tips out there?)  Mixed success but I was starting to make headway. 

Then I go and get cancer. Have to give up the job for now but hope I can go back around the end of the year once I'm all chemo'd and radiated and have a clean bill of health. Nice prize to keep my eye on actually. 

Alex is a biochemist who works for a local pharmaceutical company only cancer drugs. She's chemo drug woman. What are the chances? Heaven sent right now. She came today and filled me in with helpful hints and info on what my next few months might be like. Just when absolutely everything seems to be going wrong, along comes someone like Alex to help you with just exactly the information you need in your life. Thanks for taking the time today Alex. I'm going to miss those kids of yours more than you know. xoxo


No comments: