Friday, February 8, 2013

My head

My upcoming baldness is the absolute least of my problems right now, but it is also the most emotional of issues for me as well. I am visualizing sitting in the chair at my regular salon having one of my regular cutters buzz me off and then shave my head. I see nothing but a lot of tears with this visual. Today at my book club while talking about this I wondered out loud if it would help to take friends. One friend announced that there would be NO way that anyone would be shaving off their hair with me. Hardest laugh I've had in a long time. Tonight I just got an e mail offer from a friend in California offering to do it. Absolutely not but thank you for the thought!

I ordered some head coverings today which I would post here if the server would cooperate. My favorite is a pirate scarf. I am not going to be a wig wearer BUT it occured to me today that I really do kind of love the lavender hair of Katy Perry in California Gurls so hmm maybe. I'm no doubt too old but I'm still pretty silly.

Just to cap off our week the dog is having his 4th knee surgery on Tuesday. Things will improve and until then we are just trying to breathe and remain somewhat calm.

A selection in fashion colors



Basic black jersey

This is a cute arrangement, tested by me, looks decent


Liz sent me this wig. Dear God! 
I hope I'll feel well enough to step out in purple! 


Pirate. Yes. Will go nicely with the black nails I plan to have in order to try to save my nails from the horrors of chemo part 2 which in part can crack your nails CROSSWAYS. Black polish and ice might help. 


Just kind of a cute hat










No comments: