Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Today's news....

Tough day around here for everyone except the dog, he seems fine. Bernd and I, well we've seen better days for sure. 

Oncology meeting: 
1. May need a 2nd surgery. There were clips inserted in my tumors during my horrible biopsy and only one was seen after my surgery. If by mammogram they can still see the lost clip in the place where it started then it will have to be removed because it will be a sign that there still could be tumor. I will have another mammo for the clip hunt in a few weeks as soon as my sore boob can take it. They say if the clip has just moved somewhere else then no surgery. They hope it is out and they just did not see it somehow. 

2. Lymph node biopsy was negative. Tumor removal except for the above, all good. Bone, liver, lung scans, all good. 

3. One of the tumors is an aggressive type. Chemo starts in March. When chemo is over radiation will start. The tumor is a type that could have spread to somewhere else, bone marrow or blood so to not take any chances the chemo has to happen. Chemo x6, 3 weeks apart and then radiation daily for 5 weeks. So bummed. 

We are needless to say pretty upset but will rally and do what needs to be done. No one wants to hear that their year will be cancer and a fight for their life. Local friends I need immediate help in the hunt for headgear. I won't be wearing any wigs. I have a few weeks, let's go shopping. 


2 comments:

Liz Zélandais said...

Oh Susan, I am so sorry. Yuk.

Perhaps a low priority, but contrary to your stated decision, I WOULD suggest that you consider occasional wig wear--the wilder the better. It's good for the soul. I have some I could send you, if you're interested.

xoxo

Janice Ayers said...

Bought a pink armband today to keep you in my thoughts every day, and to support the cause. I'm with Liz - - a wild 'do' might be fun at times. But you've always looked better than anyone i know in a baseball cap too.

You've got world wide support. Thank you for blogging dear friend.
Hugs and Love,